Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Plans and More Plans

We have been working on several things lately to get us ready for this hunting season. I bought my hunting license the other day in anticipation of a spring bear hunt I am planning with a friend. Today Kaci signed up for hunter's education and should be able to get her hunting license in May. This will be the first time she hunts. To that end, we have been looking for a shotgun for her. We may even travel down to Utah for the right one.

Our drahthaar puppy is due to arrive sometime next week and we are all ready for him and eagerly anticipating his arrival. I am looking forward to training this dog.

We are also planning on going to Malta, Idaho in April to see a natural abilities test for the drahthaar club. Our puppy will have to do a similar test next year so we are attending to see what it's all about.

Lots of things coming up including a move back out of town in May. I am done with apartment life! I can't wait to be in the country again.

8 comments:

  1. This is shaping up to be a nice blog, Jared. Those are some handsome looking dogs, too. How do you pronounce the breed name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica. It's pronounced "draught-har". We're pretty excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you going to keep the boys at the same school? We are planning to when we move, we will be close enough that we can still use the bus. If we get the house we are hoping to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, we are planning on keeping the boys at the same school. Kaci has to go into Idaho Falls every day for work so it wwint be a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why'd you go private?!?!!
    that aside, excited for your dog to come and for you to move back out to the country. Do you have a place in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rachel. We're planning on moving back out to the farm in Firth.

    I went private because I post links to Facebook and I want the option of posting things to my blog that the masses can't see for added privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog Jared!
    I wish you luck with your new pup and the move. I'm sure all of you will enjoy being out on the land.

    Thanks for signing me up and for keeping in touch! I can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jared,
    That is so exciting that you get your puppy. And that you get to move out of the apartment. I know we love living in a house. There is so much more space. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete