I don't think he'll have any problems getting in the water when it warms up and I start conditioning him for it. He also doesn't have problems with loud noises so I am confident that gunfire conditioning will go well too.
We've been working with basic obedience too. He sits, comes when called, goes in his kennel on command, and waits until told to come through the door. We're working on consistency with those things but he knows the commands and what's expected now.
We're working on housebreaking and he's coming along ok with that. Lots of routine involved and he's getting used to it slowly. He's much better about being in his kennel now too. Next week he will get his last round of shots and I'll be able to take him to a lot more places to socialize him.
In other news, I sighted in my rifle yesterday for the first time. It's a Remington 30.06. I'm looking forward to hunting with it this fall.
Here are some of the pics of the kids and the dog playing at the river. There was a beaver slide that Artus ran/slid down over and over.






That's really cool! Artus looks so cute. The kids loved seeing his pics! :) And I bet your boys are having a blast!
ReplyDelete