Kaci and I took the kids to Spencer, Idaho last week and we all had a great time. We were hoping to get Artus into some grouse but no such luck. It wasn't from a lack of trying on his part though. There are some more areas with birds that I plan on taking him soon. Hopefully we can get him onto some soon. He points all birds he sees, I just want to get him into an area he can really get his nose full of them and show him what I want.
I've never gotten so many comments about a dog I've owned in the past. Everywhere we go people want to stop and talk to me about him. He really is a striking dog with a great personality. He gets along great with other people and dogs.
I started looking for a new upland bird vest a while back. I wanted it to be hydration compatible without having to carry water bottles for me or the dog. (Camelbak style) I found one through Badlands and ordered it. A friend of mine who works there gave me a great deal. It came in the mail the other day and I can't wait to get out and use it. Here's a link to the vest I bought: http://www.badlandspacks.com/index.php?go=Packs_Other02
A few pics from the hike we went on for grouse. One video too. In the video, Artus had been eating something nasty and kept trying to out his nose on Kaci. It's pretty funny. Once again, I'm not sure how else to post videos so the link is the question mark icon.






Excited to see your dog when we come in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteNICE COUNTRY...
ReplyDelete