Sunday, April 10, 2011

Artus in Utah, Snow in April, and 300K

I took a trip to Utah on Friday and Saturday to pick up some water barrels and attend a training day for the Wild West Chapter of the VDD-GNA. There was lots of rain and snow the whole trip. By the time I got back, Artus and I were covered in mud.

We met at Wasatch Wings west of Lehi, Utah for a mock test/training day. It was cool to see all the other people and dogs and learn more about the test Artus will go through next year. We did a simple rabbit drag with him. I'll practice a lot more of those with Artus now that I know better what to do. He got a lot of nice compliments from the people there and I think it was good for him to meet lots of other people and dogs for socialization purposes. I got lots of good advice from some knowledgeable people there too. Here are some pics of the puppy and the weather conditions:











On the return trip, my '94 Chevy passed 300,000 miles. It's been a pretty good truck to me. It's not nearly as pretty as when I first got it but every scratch and dent has a story. This year we're saving up to buy a new truck. This one just has to make it one more year.





No comments:

Post a Comment