Artus and I have been searching for wild birds with no luck at all. Even places I've never failed to find grouse have turned up nothing. I'm thinking now that I'll need to buy birds and plant them to get us ready for hunting season. It's been frustrating to say the least.
I learned a valuable lesson the other day. Always stay hydrated! I was using a camelbak to drink from and still ended up dehydrated. Always drink more than you think you need while working dogs in the summer heat. It's important to keep the dog hydrated as well but sometimes we don't notice how little we've had to drink while we're out hiking. Be safe!
I'm including pics of Tess and also some more of the water work Artus and I have been doing. There's some pictures of this last Friday in the grouse woods as well. It was a treacherous hike through steep and thick territory. We didn't find birds but it was beautiful and Artus did a good job of staying out there and searching. Enjoy.









Thick underbrush. The only reason I know Artus was in this pic is his orange collar.
Interesting post, wonderfull fotos, greeting from Belgium
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment retriever. Greetings from Idaho. I have to give credit to my wife for most of the photos. She very patiently takes hundreds if pictures of our outings so I can sort out ones to put on the blog.
ReplyDelete