The trip down was uneventful except that I got detoured through Logan to get to Salt Lake City which added a lot of time to the drive. I stayed in Lehi with my friend Barrett Johnson, Who I've known since we were about 9 years old but I haven't seen since I was 16. It was great to catch up with him and meet his family.
Saturday morning I went to the Lee Kay Center outside if Salt Lake for the dog training. It's a public shooting range and also had grounds for dog training. I was amazes that something like that was right outside of SLC. I did some water retrieves with Artus and a field search after a pigeon we saw fly. We didn't find the pigeon but Artus did have some solid points on some areas he thought were interesting. Mostly I watched and asked tons of questions. There are some great guys down there who are great to talk to and very helpful. It was a very hot day so some of us went to 5 Guys restaurant for lunch. It was great to talk dogs and pick some people's brains about training and breedings.
My drive home was awful to say the least. I went back on Sunday and lost the treads on my tire before I got to the Farmington exit. I couldn't get the spare tire off because someone had backed into me the week before and damaged the hatch of the van so I bad to limp the van from Farmington to Centerville to Walmart to get the tire fixed. It took forever and Artus wasn't doing so well with all the heat. Finally, hours later, I was getting close to home and got a speeding ticket for $85. Oh well, the trip was so good I just have to chalk the ticket and tires up as a loss and move on. I'm glad I went and had the good experiences I did.
Somehow I didn't take any pics of Artus while I was down there but I'll add some pics of some other dogs I watched down there.






sounds like a crazy trip home! That's awesome you got to see Barrett and check out all that dog stuff. :) Will you go down again sometime soon or was it a one time thing?
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel! It was a fun trip minus the driving stuff. I've been down three times since April for training days. I'm planning on going down in September to see the fall test and then I think I'll focus on hunting this fall. I'll probably go down in the spring for training days again before Artus tests.
ReplyDelete